Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Where The Mind Is Without Fear

Few days back I had been to AR Rahman live concert. At the venue a booklet called "Know your india" was distributed. While reading that booklet I came across following poem by Rabindranath Tagore. Well all of us have come across this poem sometime in our school days. I am wondering when my country will become similar to the country described in this poem.

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;
Where knowledge is free;
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow domestic wars;
Where words come out from the depth of truth;
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection;
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit; Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought and action - Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.

2 comments:

vivek said...

nice one.....

Unknown said...

lets home someday we live up to this poem :)